The tidy art room




My art room is much tidier now, how nice to know exactly where everything is! I am still trying to find some time to paint. After the big tidy up, preparing tutorials, tutoring and housework once again, I feel time slipping away, almost creeping by me. Last November I finally finished this painting titled ' Silence', it is now up on my art room wall and it is one of my favourite paintings. I really wanted to create a painting that evoked the feeling of silence.  It had been the plan to complete two paintings a month but since last December in which I finished two paintings I hadn't been able to complete my goal! It is OK, maybe it was in a way time to distance myself from painting. For years I have kept up a good pace creating many paintings.  It is true that my neck and shoulder kept seizing up and there have been visits to the physio and osteopath as well as exercises to do.  I do feel much better now, I feel there has been an improvement in my shoulder and neck. I still have to work slowly but that too is OK, why, there is no rush to do lots of paintings.

My artist friend Tamsin and I are going to have another exhibition in two years time in the library gallery which is a very large space, very modern and a good place to show paintings. We want to take our time and just see where the painting journey takes us.  Ideally I would like to create more paintings like 'Silence' and I am working on another painting at the moment which has a similar look and feeling about it. I don't want to get distracted and start palette knife painting again .......!

Happy Painting to you all and hopefully I will have another painting to show you soon!

6 comments:

  1. Good morning Lass!... I think that the month of November marks the same struggle for artists anywhere. Firstly... it marks a time of declining daylight. Secondly, it marks a time to "reshuffle the deck"... and to deal oneself new challenges and responsibilities.

    Studio clean up is high on that list. Strange... that we both have completed that act simultaneously??? HMMM... I wonder!

    "Silence" is a great title for the painting because it readily evokes such a feeling. Also... it echoes an empty space that you and Tasmin hope to fill with sharings next year. I do hope... that palette knife work will not be shunned Caroline. Your last effort was as powerful visually... and spiritually as this lovely regular Simmillesque fare.

    Good Painting!... Good Health and Rich Blessings Lass!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good evening Laddie! well I finally found an hour today to actually paint! while watching those distant rain clouds move closer towards the washing line full of towels and sheets! are we never to be free of the domestic life. I remember once on your blog you wrote about walking out into the woods to paint trees, just taking a path away from everything into the quiet place. Sometimes having my studio in my home makes it hard to feel away from everything domestic. I often think I should be painting still life, pots and pans and cups and saucers ..... I think the 'Silence' painting appears as a place that is open and peaceful and not cluttered with domestic tasks that are always waiting in the wings.......

      Delete
  2. Lovely work, as always. I like the idea of painting with the theme of Silence for your show :) So sorry you have been having shoulder and neck issues and hope they let you do what you want to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda, the theme of Silence would be suited to the space as it is a very big space with pale walls, and it is quiet too. Two years seems a long way away, like looking at a river winding it's way into the distant future. The shoulder and neck is so annoying as I want to feel free to paint for hours...... yet I have to be sensible and paint for an hour a day when possible. My osteopath is very good and I am feeling better, fingers crossed it all stays that way. If it doesn't then I can always dream away the time and look at my painting Silence which is relaxing. Thanks for dropping by and your comment Rhonda.

      Delete
  3. Dear Caroline - this painting of yours is very lovely and so peaceful. The title could not be more appropriate. Hope you are having a blissful day. A tidy studio is always nice...need to do some cleaning and organizing in mine...perhaps I will get to it soon. Take care and bless you for stopping by to visit me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Debbie I always enjoy viewing your beautiful photos and paintings. I hope you find the time to tidy your studio too! Best wishes Caroline

    ReplyDelete