Painting Journey











I am working towards an exhibition in 2019 which will be a joint exhibition with my friend the artist Tamsin. This small oil painting titled 'waiting' seems appropriate to post here today, as it is a while to wait for the exhibition, yet it is a good length of time to be creative too. I remember many years ago visiting a gallery space in the highlands. There was an architect above the gallery space. The artist who was exhibiting for that month, told me he worked for two years painting towards an exhibition. He had certainly created some wonderful work. I wish I remember his name as I always wondered how he got on in the future. I had an exhibition shortly afterwards and did very well too. But I like the idea of having that time to paint a collection of paintings, it is a journey ......

4 comments:

  1. Dear Caroline - this is simply one of the most tranquil and peaceful scenes. What an appropriate title. It does seem like a long time before the exhibition but life does go fast. Thank you so much for your visit to my blog. So glad we have connected. Have a super week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Debbie, I look forward to your posts. You are right time does indeed fly by.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful painting and amazing how far ahead an artist has to plan to have a show! But lots of time and less pressure is a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Less pressure is good, used to love the challenge a few years ago. Now I value peace and quiet and gazing at the beautiful countryside and the sky! Many thanks for visiting Rhonda.

      Delete