Exhibition




My artist friend Tamsin and I had a joint exhibition in October in a wonderful space deep in the rural countryside of Moray here in the highlands of Scotland.  It was an exciting time for us as we had to man the exhibition ourselves with the help of Louise a friend of Tamsin who came in for a few afternoons to help.  It was a very tiring but rewarding experience and also successful in sales too.  For me personally it really did encourage my confidence in my work and I have now booked another exhibition for next September of which I am very much looking forward to.  The other important thing for me is to have solo exhibitions so I can see my works as a collection and in many ways to be able to see where I am going on my creative journey.  The feedback from the visiting public was so positive and it was really interesting to hear and see people engage with the works.   I am still trying to achieve a goal of finishing two paintings a month, just to keep me focused. The works take a long time to build up with all the glazing and I do want to keep working in oils.  This way I feel connected to the landscapes and the process of nature gradually changing with the seasons and the weather that comes in.

At this busy festive time it can be hard to take a step back and look out to the landscape and see all the beauty it has to offer us, most of all the deep inner peace that we receive from it whenever we wish it.

I wish you all a Happy Festive Holiday and all the best for 2017! Happy Painting!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Caroline. I love your atmospheric paintings and glad that others appreciate them too. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your show was a success and I wish you many more! Hope your Holidays are Merry and Bright and that 2017 brings you many new and happy experiences and much inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhonda, lovely to hear from you and thank you for the good wishes.

      Delete