using golden open acrylics




I have been practicing using golden open acrylics. They stay workable on the canvas for seven hours and allow me to blend my skies. I used a limited palette of quinacridone magenta, titanium buff, titanium white, ultramarine blue and hansa yellow opaque. I find the limited palette really interesting, as I had to make various colour mixes I haven't used in a long time. I am getting used to the slightly brighter colours and the titanium buff lets me calm the bright colours down nicely. The painting is on canvas and is 16 x 20 inches.

I haven't been able to access my blog for ages, yet tonight I managed to all is a mystery but I feel so glad to be back! Hope you are all well and painting!

6 comments:

  1. "Simply"... Simmill-esque... and beautiful! I love your use of the oblique tilt in this composition - quite different from the usual panorama that I grow to expect to see here! Bravo!

    Good Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how lovely and spring-like! I like this color combo and it suits the season. Glad you can now post again - who knows what happens when Blogger goes on the fritz?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhonda only managed to get back in again and now it is July!!

      Delete
  3. Not your usual colors. Good to go out of your comfort zone sometimes and discover new things. Nice painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean you are right we need to keep trying new things.

      Delete