Winter



A wild and blustery snow painting in oils that depicts the weather up on the mountains of Glenshee, painted earlier. Low temperatures this weekend and thoughts are now of the festive season that approaches so very soon!

I have been in my studio in the afternoons quietly working on a couple of new paintings. I decided to paint quite small and try out some new colours and also to vary my brush and palette knife paintings to combine the techniques to create a softer painting.  I think they are almost finished! I have until the 14th December to have that quiet time in the afternoon to paint and then it will be the start of the holidays and there will be much to do and walks to go on as Richard will be soon on holiday. I do hope the weather will stay fine!

Wishing you a quiet time too before the festive holidays begin, Happy Painting! Caroline

2 comments:

  1. Good frosty morning to you Lass!... Nice to see you back on line back "in the flow" and playing with your pigments!

    Mission accomplished!Softer yes... but still forceful in its composition, design and brushwork. A gem!!

    Keep up the great work. Maintain that new balance of studio and family life. Happy winter Caroline!

    Stay warm... and continued good Health. Rich blessings!

    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to hear from you Bruce! Hope to see a new posting from Journaling with paint! soon. Keep well and hope the weather is better in your new location. I remember those freezing days on the lake at your last studio and home!

    ReplyDelete