Drawing of a stone and a painting





Happy New Year to you all!!

I love drawing and still find it the most relaxing of art activities.  I was set the task of drawing a stone and then painting a stone using fine brush work when I took an online course quite a few years ago with the artist/mentor Deborah Paris. I did find the task quite hard in that I had to slow right down and focus!  Not always an easy thing to do!  I put on an audio book and settled into the task and finally discovered I was really enjoying myself!

Remember to take time to slow right down and take life easy so you can appreciate it fully!

Best wishes to you all
Caroline

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Lass! .... Speed kills! Not always a safe route in one's driving behaviors... or painting techniques as well. These stone achievements attest to what care and precision can bring to one's art.

    Music... certainly has a quieting... soothing effect on one's mood and thinking pace! Bravo!

    Cheers!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce
    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bruce! thank you for commenting on my blog. I agree that taking life in the slow lane does indeed have it's rewards. Especially at times we do need to stop and think about how a simple thing like a stone can indeed be a thing of nature! Little things like the stone often get missed and to be honest when I got the assignment to draw and paint a stone I was thinking it would not be that interesting. Turned out I found it extremely interesting! I tend to listen to talking books when painting, I am listening to Thomas Hardy books which I have been very interested in for a long time. I have a nice collection. I am immediately transported to a time in the past.

    Best wishes
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete