Winter's day




'winter's day'
oil on canvas board 10 x 12 inches 

So far we have been fortunate not to have too much snow but we have had a lot of wild storms that have brought many fine old trees down. One of my favourite walks by Brodie castle have had a lot of beautiful trees down so the walk around the pond may not be open for a while.  It is sad to see the old trees many of them surviving many many years in age now fallen. I often think they must have seen a lot in their time!

I am able to do some painting and am getting work ready for a winter exhibition over at Milton Gallery near Banchory by Crathes castle where I have been asked to put in up to six paintings. The title of the exhibition is about the elements so I think my works will be very expressive on that subject!

I have returned to my old love of the glazed paintings and have even been working on a large canvas again! I am using acrylics as they are excellent if you want to get ideas down and they are also good for mists and effects on textured boards.  I am looking forward to seeing the sun again, hope it will come around soon!
Happy painting to you all!
Caroline.

8 comments:

  1. Good evening Lass!... You certainly have a great start for your impending winter exhibition!

    I love the heavy impasto use of paint... and your expressive brushwork. The abstract quality of the piece further heightens anticipation and a stormy feel! Bravo!

    Good luck with the exhibition!

    Good Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brushstrokes in this really indicate the windy days. Best of luck with the show - I know your paintings will fit right in and hope you get a lot of interest and sales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Texture is all in this piece and it evokes both the season and the conditions. All the best for the exhibition, I'm sure it will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great energy conveyed through your brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Bruce, Rhonda, Mick and Kelly for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely expressive in texture, movement & mood. Very nice Caroline!

    Sincerely,
    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely textural painting. Love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete