Rabbit the Bruce




My dear sweet little fury friend Rabbit the Bruce sadly passed away just after Christmas. He had been my constant companion for almost six years. Always sitting in his window watching the seasons go by and being at peace with it all. He rejected his cage immediately on his arrival into our home, deciding to live like an indoor cat instead. With a litter and food eating area. He was such a character and I am still amazed at how so small and silent a creature can give so much to us that was beautiful.

I miss you little rabbit Bruce the empty room has lost your life and your joy. Now all that remains is silence.  I will love you forever! xxx

6 comments:

  1. Good afternoon Sweet Caroline!.... I am so sorry for your loss. I offer my blog post just published today to you in Rabbit's loving memory... and in lieu of flowers.

    The phrase I enjoy most and take peace from within the body of my text reads simply:

    No one who has truly walked (or hopped) with you ever leaves you."

    I sense that you well know and understand what I mean!

    Rich blessings and peace Lass!
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bruce, I really appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  2. Oh Caroline - I am so sad for you. I have never had a rabbit but kitties and doggies and with each one that I lose a part of my heart hurts always. Bruce was beautiful and may you find comfort in knowing he was certainly well loved. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your little one's passing. They do bring such joy when they are with us. I've never had rabbits, but my sister has had 2 pets bunnies and loved them both so much - one was quite a hopper, jumping over any obstacle keeping her out of a room, etc. - and we once found her on top of a lot of stacked boxes in the basement where she had climbed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda I smiled when I read your comment about your sister's pet bunnies, Bruce was also quite a hopper and refused to live in a cage or even an area of a room! he insisted on having the whole room and kitchen to himself to hop around! Really nice to hear from you and thank you.

      Delete